Job Vacancy Clinical Systems Analyst – IT Product Development at Barker Search LLC Melville, NY.
The Clinical Systems Analyst provides enterprise information systems design and support in clinical information systems. Assesses workflow related processes/ requirements to facilitate system enhancements and modifications. Recommends, interfaces with developers, implements, and supports approved system optimizations.
- Collaborates with management and clinicians in maintaining and enhancing clinical systems. Assists in the development of design specifications in support of modified clinical applications, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
- Documents current processes to establish a baseline for developmental improvements of future workflows. Analyzes, recommends and assists with implementing new and improved processes and workflows.
- Acts as a liaison and represents the system users/customers in all project initiatives. Performs post-implementation monitoring of adoption and use.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams to identify potential uses of the information systems and potential optimization of current use of systems.
- Supports the integration and use of evidence-based methods, tools, and guidelines linked to effective outcomes.
- Supports data analytics, including quality of care measures, to improve population health outcomes and global health. Supports clinical staff in the real time application of information to change healthcare delivery and affect patient outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison to clinically related committees (i.e. Nursing Institute, Institute for Clinical Excellence, Medication Safety committee, Evidence-Based Research committee, etc.) and staff to coordinate and communicate CIS projects and outcomes measurement.
- Appraises computer and informational technologies for their applicability to nursing practice problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Medical, IT, or Computer Science area
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related clinical experience, healthcare informatics or healthcare operations, including leadership, and/or education
- Experience gathering requirements and documenting changes
- Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer applications
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to develop effective working relationships; experience interfacing/interacting with physicians, nurses, and other medical staff
- Demonstrated initiative, problem identification, resolution and analytical skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with post-acute workflow and/or Disease management
- Experience with Home Healthcare Data and Analytics
- A nurse or a doctor with technical knowledge, able to evaluate existing clinical applications for software bug identification, or new feature or functions. Preferences if it is a nurse is ICU
- Good SQL skills
- Apply here : http://job-openings.monster.com/v2/job/apply?jobId=190822366