Job Vacancy IT Help Desk at Hired by Matrix, Inc. Basking Ridge, NJ.
- The IT Help Desk Contractor will assist the Help Desk Analyst who provides first level hardware and software technical support for the personal computing needs of the entire organization.
- Specific responsibilities include equipment installations, configurations and upgrades as well as problem identification and resolution of hardware, software and security issues.
- Provide enterprise level technical support.
- Provide technical support for remote sales team.
- Administration and support of Windows XP & 7 system, documentation of procedures.
- Implementation/integration of upgrades and modifications — includes assisting with the management of projects, vendors, and third party contractors.
- Assist with the development of standards and procedures for technology deployment, support and management.
- Assist with technology product evaluations and recommendations (hardware & software); including compatibility and performance analysis.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
In-depth experience with and knowledge of:
- MS-Windows, MS-Office and related personal computer software.
- Personal computer hardware including desktops, laptops and peripherals.
- LAN connectivity methods including 802.11abgn, 802.3 and cellular modems.
- Android Smartphone configuration.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech healthcare environment, good understanding of PC hardware/software, and a can do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, especially phone manner and understanding of customer relations and customer-oriented service practices.
- Degree in computer science, computer support or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years hands-on experience in troubleshooting and supporting end user computing equipment and software.
- Google Apps experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- PC hardware proficiency (hard drives, memory, peripherals).
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize workload and support requests to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds.
Please contact Steve at 201-226-3500 for any additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a full service staffing and recruiting company that enables Fortune 500 and mid-market companies nationwide to achieve their strategic goals. We prepare our clients to succeed in a changing marketplace by creating a custom pipeline of professionals and teams that are superbly matched to our clients’ business functions and cultures.
We recruit for a variety of job types including IT, Finance and Accounting, R & D, Engineering, Administrative and Light Industrial.
Founded 27 years ago by CEO Sharon Olzerowicz, Hired by Matrix distinguishes itself as an exceptionally reliable partner whose industry knowledge and continuous pursuit of excellence allows the company to deliver the caliber of professionals who become our clients’ most important assets.
Our team of expert account managers and recruiters collaborate closely with our clients to understand their needs, corporate requirements and company cultures. We also keep our clients informed of important industry trends. We use this information to build robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals.
Our responsiveness, tenacity and know-how apply to all service delivery channels, from corporate procurement executives and hiring managers to Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Hired by Matrix has a track record of delivering consultants that map precisely to the skills, expertise and company culture required. Our investment in recruiters, who specialize in a range of capabilities and niche disciplines, has resulted in successful matches, long contracts and repeat business. This frees our clients to focus their time and efforts on higher value goals, such as creating more efficient processes, optimizing their human resources, or enhancing productivity.
We also bring a human touch to managing and motivating our consultants, from the initial recruitment process and candidate presentation, to monitoring their progress throughout the life of the assignment.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE); and CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group. HbM is also WOSB (Woman Owned Small Business) Certified.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.